VIRGIN VELOCITY - "Win Richard's Points"
Normally frequent flyer programs attract new members by giving away points. The problem is most people think the points are pointless.
To change that, Velocity, Virgin Australia’s frequent flyer program, created a points giveaway like never before.
The Twitter competition that gave people the chance to win all 1,035,843 of Sir Richard Branson’s Velocity points. To enter, all you had to do was tell us how you’d use them – proving that Velocity points were far from pointless.
Over 3,000 entries in 24 hours
80% increase in member sign ups
24 hours trending on Twitter Australia
Over 36 million twitter impressions
All without spending a dollar
• 1x Finalist, (Digital and Social)
• 1x Highly Commended (Digital & Social Advertising)
• 1x Finalist (PR Campaign)
• 1x Finalist (Social Media Campaign)
• 1x Finalist (Customer Acquisition Campaign)